- The “Bromley Vocal School” (BVS) acts solely as booking and marketing platform that help connect the student with the teacher. All our teachers are self-employed and carry out private lessons under their own name and responsibility. All business is managed by each respective teacher individually.
- All bookings through the website constitutes a contract with the teacher, each of whom is self-employed and carries out private lessons under their own name and responsibility.
- Any payment made through the website or subsequently is held by the teacher directly
- These conditions apply to all bookings and to each contract between the student and the teacher
- Students personal details will be held in the strictest confidence in accordance with the EU GDPRS (General Data Protection Regulation) and will be accessible only to BVS teachers
- By booking you give the teacher permission to send you email and/or messages for confirmation, lesson reminder and newsletter. Students personal details will never be passed to any third party. If / when you no longer wish to receive these, please let the teacher know accordingly.
- Lessons are always paid for in advance, by a minimum of 7 days
- Lessons will end around 5 mins before scheduled time so to allow student changeover
- Students are always encouraged to record their lessons for review and practice
- All first lessons involve an assessment of the voice, listening to the voice on scales as well as a song of the student’s choice. So the student needs to come prepared with a song in mind. The music and the lyrics will be provided at the lesson
Cancellation, Reschedules, etc.
- Regardless of circumstances, the full rate will be charged for all lessons cancelled within less than 24 hours of the scheduled time
- Notification of cancellation or reschedule can be made by phone (including voicemail), email or text
- Lesson fees are not refundable
- In the rare case where a refund will be considered necessary, at the discretion of the teacher, any handling, Paypal or processing fees of any type won’t be refunded.
- Students should not attend the lessons if they are ill. If it is believed that a student is going to be ill for the lesson then it needs to be cancelled as soon as possible. If a student turns up ill, the teacher reserves the right to discontinue the lesson and that lesson will be forfeited
- If a student arrives late, their lesson will still end at the scheduled time. If the teacher in running late, the student will still be given their full-allotted time
- As good practice and the interest of the student, if teachers are ill, they reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the lesson even at last minute time. In this event the teacher will offer a suitable alternative to catch up for the lesson
- Lessons can, at the discretion of the teacher, be moved from in person at the studio to online via Skype, Zoom or other softwares. The teacher will try to give as much notice as possible in order for the student to make arrangements for it. By booking a lesson with BVS you agree to have your lessons either way.
Prices and Payments
- All the teachers at Bromley Vocal School are self-employed and carry out private lessons in their own name
- All bookings and payment, although handled via the “Bromley Vocal School” website, are made with and to the individual teacher
- All payment go directly to the respective teacher
- Block of lessons and Gift Tokens are valid for six months from date of purchase and lessons bought as part of them cannot be used after the package expiry date
- Each block of lessons must be paid and booked in full at the time of the first lesson otherwise the individual non-discounted lesson rates will apply
- Block bookings need to be made on a regular slot basis (i.e. the same time on a particular day). If you are interested in booking a block of lessons please contact the teacher directly
- Payments may be made by card, bank transfer or cash in advance of the lesson. Please check with each individual teacher for available options.
- If your teacher will no longer teach at BVS, all lessons paid for or remaining ones from blocks will be automatically tranferred to another teacher. No difference will be refunded in this case.
Covid 19 special rules, terms and conditions
- You will have to check-in at the entrance with your NHS track and trace app over your phone and sign in on our customer registration book.
- Please wash your hands and sanitise them prior to your lesson right before entering our teaching room. Hand sanitiser will be available at the door. Our teachers may opt to wear a mask at their discretion.
- Lessons will end around 5 mins before scheduled time so to allow to ventilate room and clean surfaces.
- Make sure you wear your face mask at all time. Masks can only be removed during the lesson when you take your place at safety distance and behind the clear screen. When your lesson is finished you will have to wear the mask again before leaving the room.
- Our studio teaching room will have spacing floor marks – Please adhere to the distance and positioning requirements during lessons.
- To assists us in reducing our numbers in studio, only the student is allowed in the teaching room. If you are a parent and your child requires your presence during the lessons please make sure you speak with the teacher in advance and agree with her/him.
- If you show any cold/flu-like symptoms, feel unwell or are unsure, please do not come in – we will still do our singing lesson online. Our cancellation policies remain in place, however we will offer flexibility where applicable. If you have been in close contact with someone who tested C-19 positive, are directed to self-isolate, or are found to be positive for Covid-19, please inform us.
- Use of microphone is suspended until it will be safe to use it again.
- All lessons / block of lessons are valid 6 months from the date of purchase. In case of emergency, lockdown, premises closures or any sudden happenings which will prevent us from teaching in person at our facility, lessons will be automatically moved online.